« Right off there are two things I like about this Forrester report, The CIO’s Guide to Establishing a Social Media Policy, and I appreciated the review copy. First, they offered guidelines rather than best practices. They covered the issues to cover and the questions to ask. »
« . In particular, there were 5 themes that emerged for me (as a marketer) that define what customer care people would love to see from us more frequently: »
- nvolve customer care in strategic planning.
- Proactively escalate and share issues.
- Encourage marketing staff to take customer care training
- Expand customer care lessons to third party agencies.
- Ask for (and listen to) customer care insights & trends
« Focus on saving time for your employees if you want to create an intranet that delivers true value to your organization. »
- Focus on saving time for your employees if you want to create an intranet that delivers true value to your organization.
- Finding people is the top task on most intranets and yet is greatly neglected by most organizations. Senior management neglect the intranet, partly because they don’t use it. (They get their secretaries to find Letterman.) And intranet teams are measuring the wrong things, like traffic, hits and page views. Is more traffic a good thing? Why? Do you think the Toyota web team has been jumping for joy because of the recent traffic spike on its websites?
- Why is it so difficult? Because we humans care most about our own time. We find it extremely difficult to serve and focus on saving other people’s time.
To paraphrase MLK, we must teach our students that suffering is redemptive and that that redemption takes the form of learning. Ed 2.0 is teaching a student what to do when the system doesn’t work, when the teacher is bad, when the school is failing, when the district is broke.
- Ed 2.0 won’t be a kinder and gentler place, free from conflict and strife. It will be a hard place. A place where trolls and naysayers and those who would discourage others have the same loud microphone as anyone else.
- Ed 2.0 isn’t only or even primarily about technology. It is about arming students with the tools and the fierce determination they will need to learn with and through that technology.
- Ed 2.0 is about encouraging ownership – genuine heartfelt ownership of one’s own educational destiny.
« Here are four airlines that know how much weight a tweet carries, and some are now even paying for them. »
- irgin America launched its first international destination to Toronto from the West Coast via a tweet. Discarding traditional in favor of the newly-released low-cost promoted tweet program on the microblogging site, the airline promoted an offer to the first 500 people that booked tickets using a personalized Twitter ID.
- hose that fall short in staffing up their social media departments to create in-depth marketing plans on Twitter are losing traction to those that have realized the impact achieved through this channel. A common complaint by many airlines that are cutting costs in a down-market, is that they don’t have the manpower or capital resources to staff a proactive and reactive social media team. To those airiness, I say – in today’s world, you can’t afford not to.