This could have been a joke but it isn’t. It’s just the retranscription of a talk I had with a friend yesterday at lunch.
– We have a reporting tool in which we have to mention everything we do, in order to keep a trace of everything we do…you see ?
– We have two problems. The first is that it takes a lot of time to report even something very short. The second is that all the people who have to report don’t have access to the reporting tool.
– And how do you do so?
– People who don’t have access ask people who have to report for them. So I spend hours typing other’s people reports.
– How productive !
– Don’t laugh !Â But I found a very usefull tool
– Yes ! A new kind of service I found at the staff store ! A spiral notebook with a ruler, a red and a black pen ! So I keep everything consigned in, it’s easy to update and I feed the reporting system at the end of the day…when I have time.
– And what about putting something like a blog or a wiki somewhere on your intranet ?
– But we already have, even if IT doesn’t know ! We have a questions / answer software and colleagues realized that if we change two or three lines in the code, we have something really that’s really close to a blog. And it’s more efficient than many of the tools we have.
Any comment ?